Thinking About Joining???



Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Good Old Days

Saturday morning i woke up and took a shower and had some chocolate cake for breakfast :) I didnt have work so i planned on bein lazy and sittin on the couch in front of the TV all day. I walked outta my room and glanced over through kit's doorway. She was sittin on her bed, arms around her legs, boxes scattered among her room. She was moving into her new apartment tomorrow.
"What's up Kitty?" I asked
She sighed. "Tonight's my last night in this house...in this bed."
"Isnt that a good thing?" I questioned.
"Yes and no."
"Im sure its not your LAST night, youll be back...probably all the time."
"Yeah, i guess so."
When I started to leave she didnt say anything so i stepped in and plopped down on the bed beside her.
"Im proud of you sis."
"Why?"
"Cause.... you know how to grow up."
She gave me a weird look...
"For reals... youre getting married, and you were smart about how you went about it and who your gettin married to...youve got a job and a car and your own apartment....i only got 1 outta 3 of those things."
"What if i dont want to grow up?"
I laughed "Easy...then just dont." I smiled. "Getting married doesnt mean you have to grow up Kit... yeah your gonna have a few more responsibilities, but you got someone to take on those responsibilities with you. And if your in love then your in love...you dont have to be grown up to fall in love...you just gotta know how to do it right, and you do...your very smart sis."
"Theres just so many memories here"
"Yeah...but youll make new ones, and youll always have these ones to look back on."
"Soda?"
"Yeah?"
"Why havent you moved out?"
I paused... "Well.... I guess because of Pony and Darry, I dont think they could get along without me here. Im just not ready to move out yet."
We just sat for a moment, not saying anything.
"I wish mom and dad were here..." Kit confessed.
"Me too sis..." I pulled her to my chest, holding her in a hug.
"They would be proud...of all of us i think." I said.
"Yeah....they would be."
There was another long pause...
"Hey, remember when we used to play pirates? And we had sword fights and Pony almost fell outta the tree house?"
Kit laughed, "Yeah....or the times where we would make mud pies and dare Darry to eat em?"
"Ha ha....poor Darry...no wonder he likes to be cynical...its all payback......... Hold on a sec.." I got up to get somethin. Returning a minute later I popped a tape in to Kits VCR. It was a video of us at the lake one summer. Dad was grilling, Mom was unpacking the camping equipment, Pony and I were tryin to throw each other in the lake, Kit was collecting pretty rocks, and Darry was gettin firewood...
We watched the video, laughing and commenting on it together.
"Those were the good old days.." Kit said.
"Yeah, but these are the good new days."
She looked up at me and smiled.

8 comments:

Kitty Curtis said...

Gosh Soda, if you wanted to make me shed a tear, you won. :)

Angela Shepard said...

How touching! Kit, you're gonna be fine(:

Dally Winston said...

kit think about me for an example. im moved out and i even have a kid! and im not grown up yet hahaha

Jamie said...

but she aint like a stick in the mud that girl can partaaaay :P
im proud of u kit :)

Kitty Curtis said...

Um no offence Dally, but I'm not taking YOU as an example. But I feel better though. And how come we're talking about me? Let's talk about... oh look! water is wet!

Angelica Winston said...

........Are you high Kitty?

Kitty Curtis said...

It depends :P

Dally Winston said...

holy shit i actually got 2 votes on the who has the most self control thing haha

Popular Posts