Thinking About Joining???



Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sometimes There are Just Some Things We Don't Wanna Hear

The phone rang Friday afternoon. Darry was the one to answer it, and being the curious person that I am I wanted to know who it was. Darrys expression was everything but good. He hung up without saying a word, grabbed his keys, and headed out the door. I asked Pony if he knew anythin that was goin on but he didnt. It wasnt till four hours later when we finally got a clue to what the hell was goin on. The phone rang again, this time I answered it. Pony studied my expression until I finally hung up. "We gotta get to the hospital now!" I said. So me, pony, and katie took her car to the hospital. We waited in the lobby for Darry. It didnt take long for him to appear, "What's goin on?" I asked. I was taken away by his response....
He said Kit was suffering from Bulimia Nervosa, an eating disorder. Thats why she so damn skinny and puking her guts out all the time. I remember just sinking in to one of the lobby chairs, trying to get reality through my head. Kit Kat Curtis has an eating disorder? My sister? My smart, strong, funny, lively, beautiful sister? No way! I've seen her inhale more food than myself sometimes...theres no way... Darry explained how she would go behind our backs and let it all out in the toilet after meals. I just couldnt believe what I was hearing. I burst into to her room. She was hooked up to all sorts of machines and tubes. She looked so fragile and helpless. She just stared at me....with tears in her eyes. I hugged her, as hard as I could without thinking I was gonna break her. "Its okay Kitty." I said. 'Youre gonna be okay." I still couldnt believe this.

They released her from the hospital the next day. They gave her some medication to take and told us what her diet should be and stuff. I went grocery shopping and got a lot of food, healthy food and brought it to her apartment. I spend the evenings over there to make sure she's followin doctors orders. Dr. Winston checks up on her too. Every night when she goes to bed, before I leave, I randomly place sticky notes around the house.....inside a cabinet door, on the fridge, on the bathroom mirror, on the TV. And they say things like "I love you." "You are so beautiful." "You are strong." Positive things like that. Then I leave and drive home telling myself that shes gonna get through it and that shell be okay, because she is KitKat Sarah Curtis. My loving, gorgeous, fun, thrilling sister who I love very much, and she of all people can conquer anything.


13 comments:

Dally Winston said...

dont worry man she'll be fine

Kitty Curtis said...

Thanks Soda :)

Jamie said...

Thats really sweet soda :)

Angela Shepard said...

I JUST AWW'D OUTLOUD! That's so sweet, Soda! She's gonna be good, buddy(:

Angelica Winston said...

I wish I had a brother like you!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet of you Soda. I hope Kitty will be okay :(

Angelica Winston said...

Who the fuck voted for me in that poll -.-

Sodapop Curtis said...

XD

Kitty Curtis said...

At first I thought it said who is the fastest that's why I voted for Pone. +D Soda, u forgot Dally.

Sodapop Curtis said...

no...i purposely didnt put him in there, cause then there would be no contest :p

Kitty Curtis said...

And here I was doubting your intelligence ;D

Sodapop Curtis said...

ha ha :p ya know...dallys the one who comes up with most of these polls XD

J.A said...

she is gonna be fine soda

Popular Posts